Monday, October 15, 2012

Healing

Okay, I had a lovely blog post started, then bam...computer didn't save it.  Odd....

Anyways....

So, I have been busy.  I only got in 4-workouts, in the last 2-weeks and believe me, I felt it last week.

I learned a lot about myself during those two-weeks, which helped me crawl out of the pile of dung that I was sliding into.  I always, always stop myself from success.  Jen, why would you ever do that, you ask.  I do it because of fear of failure or a history of failure in the past. I do it with EVERYTHING!  I fear success, I fear being in shape.....I should say feared!  People, I have so much dirty laundry, I shake a shirt and 50 pairs of socks fall out..get it?  Meaning I shake a situation in life and about 50 things fall out of that situation that I must fight through.


For instance, food.  Food has been a very dear friend of mine for a while now.  Food was there for me in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health...wow.  Yes, now that I think about it, I was married to food;  not my husband. (As I type this, reality sits in and tears are rolling down my face.)   I turned to food, as a support system rather than my Heavenly Father, husband, and friends.  Food never told me what to do, how to do it, or how to fix myself.  Food....is no longer a friend, it has become a foe.  It is now just here to let me tap into it for energy purposes.  

I now pray more, talk with my husband and friends about my issues.  Things seem to work a lot better this way!  I don't tend to mess things up, as much. Since I had food, as a B.F.F....I have had gestational diabetes, count that three times, my hormones are so out of wack, and now I have to lose a ton of weight, then my self-esteem took a nose dive...all over food.   

Let's just say this.... I pray -- a lot....

Working out, we all need to do it with our life styles we all know that we do -- sit.   I always, always hated it; I still don't like it.  Don't get me wrong.  Sweating is disgusting but seeing muscles is awesome!   I am learning that sweating is okay!  *sigh* dare I say...I am even starting to like burpee's now?  Seeing my weight lifting abilities sky rocket is awesome! It's double unders, that I am hating right now...I mean...singles.  -- go ahead and giggle.  My hands, feet, and rope...don't like each other right now.  Anyways, sweating, passing gas - while working out and anything else your body seems to want to do while working out....is gross.  (this is why I don't do broccoli peeps)

As I said, multiple things fall out of anything that I have issues with.  So now...working out.  We need to work out, need to!  I am realizing this.  I want to now.  I want to create personal records, show my 4-girls that being strong is okay, working out hard is what you need to do to accomplish this, working out will prevent you from becoming sick......why wait to workout, when you get sick....Shouldn't it be like a preventive medicine!?

I learned that I love eating my proteins, butter, olive oil, some other fats, nuts, seeds, veggies, and fruits.  That most foods out of those food categories make me feel utterly ILL; like curl up in a ball, I want to die ill.  I had to get to this point to realize that my body knows what is good for it.  It is time for me to learn to listen to my body, as well.  It will tell me what it likes, what makes it feel better, stronger and faster.   I just need to listen to it....believe me.  I am tuned in.  My ears all attentive, eyes plastered...ready to take heed and not eat that junk.



Today's WOD was fun....

Workout for Monday, October 15
Warmup
Run 400/200 Jump Rope
3 Rounds
10 Goblet Squats
10 Pushups
10 Situps

Weighted Pullups
5 Sets up to 85 percent

WOD
Death By Thrusters (95/65)

Pull ups I am using both the thick and thin black bands.  I will be losing one of those soon though, as they seemed, pretty easy today....

YES, I did the 65 lbs for the thrusters.  I got to minute 9....got to number 8 and was done.  So, if you don't know how this rolls, its each minute set you do that number of reps.  So round 1 = 1 thruster, round 2=2, and so on.  44 thrusters in almost 9 minutes total is pretty good.

Cory, is healing from some things so she was prescribed 'death by push ups', is what we called it.  Round 13, I sat watching her, thinking, WHY am I not doing that!?  I joined her in rounds 14, 15, and 16.  I was toast...she was toast!  I was glad she was done, as I was seriously dreading doing 17 in one minute!

Only way to get stronger is to put the work into it!

Thanks for reading my babble, have a great day and go sweat!  Take care of your body, before you become ill and it's either too late, or its very painful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment