Thursday, September 20, 2012

Time to Tackle and Push Walls Down

It's official.  I, seriously, don't like to run.  I mean, you all knew that all ready, but figured I would remind you.  I need to break this "anti-run" wall down.  It's a bad, thick wall.  Doesn't help that I pull cramps in my calves each time I run.  (what is up with that!?  Lack-o-water? Lack of good stretching?)  

I believe that it is time to attack these things that I fear or simply can't do yet :
  • Running
  • Higher box jumps
  • Double unders
  • Hand stands
  • Handstand push ups
  • Pull ups
  • Lifting heavier weights
I have a lot to tackle! I am up for it.  It's time to tackle them and embrace that what I fear.


Workout for Thursday, September 20
Warmup
Run 400/2 min. Jump Rope
3 Rounds
10 Good Mornings
10 Superman
10 Pass Throughs

Strength
Ring Dips
5 Sets 70% Max Reps

WOD
5 Rounds for time:
5 Clean and Jerks (155/110)
10 Kettlebell Swings (1.5/1)
Run 200

Did you see all that running?  I did it.  With 65 lbs and 30 lbs kettle bell. Pulling cramps in my calves.  Even still they hurt.  C. Robert had me roll it with the evil roller....  the black one with the pokey things!  You know which one...
EVIL THING!
 I am open for tips, I really am.  I am not too proud to ask for help.  I need help reaching my goals.  I know I have to put the work into it and work on my upper body strength; I really miss my OLY lifting class.  I feel so disappointed that I haven't been there, but I have so much going on the next few weeks!  I miss all my friends in that class.  I honestly think I need to work on my strength.  I know I am strong, but, I think being stronger will be okay.  

Well, make sure you go work out today.  I didn't want to because of the running.  I went.  I am happier when I work out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment