Friday, August 3, 2012

It's Friday!!! woot......*dancing in my chair*

Okay, this probably isn't going to be put together very well, English, but eh.  It's my blog...my crazy thoughts, feelings, and views.  HA....Yay its Friday and I am so BEAT!  I went Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and today (Friday).  Can I say..that is why I am so beat! whew!!!!  But I have a feeling of a very good sense of accomplishment!  Very good.  No words........

Yesterday, I was all excited to work out with Coach Tom and Cori (his g/f), then in walks these guys....one after another....I just stood there thinking oh my lands.  This is going to be insane......I will tell ya's who they are.  ...lata!  Think gentlemen from minor league baseball...and not the Whitecaps. (Which, why don't they go to 616?!?  I won't touch that one today.)

Okay, yesterday...

Workout for Thursday, August 2
Warmup
Run 400
30 Pass Throughs
30 Good Mornings
20 Pushups
20 Hollow Rocks

Skill
Handstand Walks
Total 50 m

WOD
10 Minute AMRAP
5 Deadlift (315/225)
5 Bar Muscle Ups
5 Bar Hop Burpees

The skill was all good...I was knees on a box spinning around like some carnival ride, that is what I thought anyways.  You know those spinney rides...don't think dirty now.  Then Coach Tom had me put toes on the box and hands on the ground, touching my hand to the opposite shoulder...no wonder why my shoulders kill today.  Cori was there of course pushing.  :)   


Dead lift -- are you ready for this!  200 lbs.  Boom, oh yeah PR'd that one again.....that was insane and awesome all at the same time.  Bar muscle ups, obviously, I was scaled back on it to jumping pull up, which is now off a box and I can get over the bar.  Then box dips.  Bar hop burpees.  I jumped over the training bar.  I blew through them.  I was impressed with myself and considering it was just Katelyn and I, then all guys.  Ech, I couldn't let 616 be shown who is boss by the peeps of the Lake County Captains!  Say what!?  yeah....For those of you that were at the Whitecaps game last night....I worked out with some of them.  :)    It was fun.  -- I did 4 rounds. 


I am awful with names, so please do not ask who they are.....I forgot names.  But there is Katelyn and I!  I have to dump that shirt...really.  
But after that WOD was the most fun ever.... EVER!  Coach Tom and Cori had to work out yet!  We ran out of weights to put on bars.  I mean really look at all those muscles!!!     I stayed after and I got to start the clock and push Coach Tom and Cori.  It was so much fun.  To actually got to say the things that they say to me!  oh...yeah....You all know that I did!  :)  I told ya, I think I would make a good coach.  Cori said that she would come to my classes, Coach Tom...said he would look at the schedule and avoid them, but I think he liked the push! ha ha ha ha


Today, I didn't want to go workout but had the goal of 5 times this week.  I am sick of always breaking my goals.  I am in control of my actions...ME, not my husband, not my dog, not the kids..ME.  I was up from 3-4 a.m. and got up at 5 a.m. and went.  Dragging rear...believe me.  I got there and Coach Brian was there.  I think this is one of the few times that I went only to find out what the WOD is, after it was on the board.  He was writing everything on the board and I was stretching talking to Cory (yes, we have 3-Cori, Cory, and Corey)  then he was done and I had this look again.  O.O    Just wait.....


Workout for Friday, August 3
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
20 Arm Circles each arm
10 Inchworm Pushups
10 Squats

Midline
Turkish Get Ups

WOD
For Time:
Run 200 m
20 Jumping Lunges
30 Knees to Elbows
40 Box Jumps
50 Wall Balls
60 Pushups
70 Air Squats
1 Rope Climb
Run 200 m

Told ya...  O.O

I do NOT like the Turkish get up so that is something that I need to work on here.  No big deal.  Work on what makes you weak, right?

The WOD....that is scary stuff there...let me just say that first and foremost!  There is a reason why standing, sitting, laying, walking, stair climbing, lifting my sports Tide bottle, makes me giggle.  Cause my brain is like OH MY GOSH..did you feel that!?  DUH, yeah I felt that...deal.

I did the lunges, the knee to bar..okay, knee to hip, box jumps (on 2-45's and a 25 -- I had Coach Brian add that on, feeling frisky today.) wall balls - 14 lbs ball, push ups, air squats, rope climb-- I laid on the floor and pulled myself up and ran.  

My weight stacks are almost as tall as the shortest box at 616.  I am almost there!!!!   SO close, according to Coach Brian.  So close.  I am competitive.  I try not to be.  But, seriously, I didn't want to be last and I had to beat Cory.  HAD TO.  I think Coach Brian would have had me do burpees or something cause he said you better catch her (or something along those lines), when I pulled myself up and ran out the door -- I don't run out the door people..I DON'T but I was NOT going to come in after Cory.  I ran past her, I think I run slow, seriously, more like a fast walk...hmmm.  anyways.....26:37 for that workout. 

(Cory, I love ya, it is nothing personal...but you know, its all in good clean fun!  Some day, we will fly through that together, side-by-side, beating everyone else.) 

It's amazing the week that I had.  I kicked butt at 616, sweat everywhere - hrm, liquid awesome.  Accomplished a lot and broke personal records weekly! I also get to see my fellow crossfitters do amazing things, too.  It's neat to share in accomplishments.  I am just more vocal on mine.  I told Stacie that we can train like we are going to the 2013 Games...I am doing just that.  NO hold backs.  New PR's and push harder each day.   

There ya have it!  I reached a goal again...considering Coach Brian said 5-days a week should be doable.  Fine.  Let's do this!

What are you going to do!?  Go sweat.  Get that heart pumpin'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment