Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hey!   I didn't get lost, just busy, we went camping last weekend and my house is in utter chaos and literally, driving me insane. This may be kind of a long post...just a fair warning. 

I did go workout last Wednesday and did Oly Training...although, I really didn't want to.  I am such a sucker.....I stayed....wheezy lungs and all.  We have to push through our comfort zones...its imperative, especially in a weight loss journey.   Being in a comfort zone, isn't always healthy.

Workout for Wednesday, August 15
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
10 KB Front Squats
10 KB Cleans
10 KB Swings

Skill
Double Under Practice
5 Rounds
1 Min on, 30 Sec rest

WOD
4 Rounds for time
Run 400
21 Wall Balls
12 Burpees

I wasn't even going to go workout, grabbed my clothes, ran out the door, and forgot the ever so important undergarment that most big chested women need -- Kelly and Meghan know.  *blush* then jumping rope...come on!  O.o  

I didn't write down what I did, I know I started at 21 wall balls and 12 burpees the first round then Kelly heard me weezing from that lovely cold I had.  Brian knocked it down to 15 wall balls and 10 burpees and I think I did 3 rounds.  :(  I can't believe I didn't write down the time.  Rachel was my number one cheerleader!  (Congrats to Rachel and Corey!!!  They got married this past Saturday.)

I wasn't going to go in on Thursday either, as that was the day we were leaving to go up north camping.  I went and met a new crossfitter, Lisa; I hope that she comes back!  She seemed like she liked it....She did awesome, too!

I had to go, as it was 'Grace'.  I did the WOD before and did it with 75 lbs and 8:59 was my time.....check it out.
 
Workout for Thursday, August 16
Warmup
Run 400
30 Good Mornings
30 Situps
30 Superman
10 Tuck Jumps

Skill
Max Distance Standing Broad Jump

WOD
“Grace”
30 Clean & Jerks for time (135/95)

Okay..... the first two jumps were around 2 feet 8-10 inches.  Brian knows that I need visualizations so he said, 'Jen..imagine an animal is chasing you..you get to a cliff and need to jump 3 feet, do you live and make it or miss it?'  So...it was my turn after watching the guys jump over 6 feet.....I jog up, okay, talking out loud I am saying, 'running .ooo a cliff..', I come to the line, bam, jumped it 3 feet 2 inches. NICE.   -- See coach Brian is that good, where he knows what I need to get a little further. 

I am proud to say that I shaved some time off my 'Grace' time and went up in weight.  85 lbs in....7:10  WHAT!?  That is 1.49 shaved off!!!  Almost 2 minutes.  THAT is a sign of improvement indeed.  NICE.

okay....Monday's workout, for those fellow 616'ers...we all are in pain from Monday's WOD 'Barbara'  Sweet mother.

Workout for Monday, August 20
Warmup
Jump rope 2 min
3 Rounds
10 Pass Throughs
10 Kipping Swings
10 Superman
10 Fire Hydrants
20 Steps Walking Lunge

WOD
“Barbara”
5 Rounds for time
20 Pullups
30 Pushups
40 Situps
50 Squats
Rest 3 Min after each round

I can not hang from a bar, my upper outside arms hurt, Kelly was digging in on it -- probably just rubbing it and it feels a lot better.  Now, for my right one and I know that my shoulders and upper back are laced in knots, just tense.  A lot of personal things going on and seriously....if you know of a masseuse....please refer me...cause I seriously have some upper body tension.  

So, I had 15 lbs weights and did push presses, push ups I started with 15 on the floor then had to move to the wall, but did the 40 situps and 50 squats.  I know that I have a six-pack cause I feel it when I laugh and cough.  It's there...just hidden right now!  Time....47:57.  oh my lands...did you count up all that stuff!?  100 push presses, 75 push ups, 200 sit ups, and 250 squats...oh yes.  I did it all.  Did I want to quit?  UHM, YES.   I was almost in tears, but do you know what?  My brain said something....Jen, you are strong, stop listening to the body.  Do it.  So my 3 minutes rest was up and did my last 2 rounds.  

This is a journey one that I feel like such a baby sometimes.  I want to just curl up in a ball and cry, other days I want to jump for joy -- Like today, tears after working out.  They were talking about food and I had to get out of there!!!  Cried...over banana's.  Giggle, go ahead.  I am now.  PLUS...I started a 21-Day Sugar Detox. More on that later!  Just seriously, I am that weak, where I had to leave.  (I had to get out of there anyways..but still.)

Workout for Wednesday, August 22
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
10 Fire Hydrants
10 Goblet Squats
10 Situps
10 Leg Swings All Directions

Strength
Back Squat
8-8-6-4

WOD
12 Minute AMRAP
12 Deadlifts (185/135)
3 Wall Walks
25 Double Unders

Back squats were good...  although I am having a mental block at 145 lbs.  I just can't seem to get past it, but...I am drained.  

Deadlifts: I did the 135 lbs.  I really didn't want to.  But, Angela, was like 'Deadlift Jen', you gotta.  So I did.  135 lbs.  Wall walks...man alive.  I need to stop being a baby and start practicing this stuff.  I am sick of it.  I want to RX a WOD...the only way that I will is by practicing.  *sigh*   I did 4 rounds plus 12 d.l. and 3 wall walks.  50 jump ropes.  

I need to practice some other things....but it's all good.  I am not a super hero.

So, I am doing this 21-day Sugar Detox.  why?  UHM....I love sweets....bad.  I mean, list em off, yeah, I like them.  I do, I love them.  I am very picky on food, but sweets..NOPE...well wait, I do NOT like chocolate cakey things.  ew.  Gross.....Seriously.  I know what my hold up is.  Cori had me document what I was eating.  I seen and I have to tackle that bull by the horns.  Just like with all things that I do not like I need to suck it up and fix things.  I am ruining my workouts, wasting the coaches time simply because I want a bad eating something.  I just can't eat that stuff -- yet.  Not til I am done with the 21-days now..but, if I don't learn to have self-control, when will I?   I mean really....I don't go through 3 drive-thru's, because some of those lifts, it wouldn't be pretty.  I just I don't know how to explain it.  I don't eat a lot.  It's just when and what I am eating.  I am a night snacker.....  so...text me at night, keep my fingers busy! 

Angela, gave me a lovely compliment that I look like I am losing and thinning out.  (thank you!!!) I know that I am...but I want a size 16 now.  Do you know...I was a size 16 when I got pregnant for my oldest 17 years ago.....17 years.  I think, my wedding dress is too big for me now.  *huge grin*  It's just that scale.  I had to get on it yesterday and I really don't want to discuss this anymore.  It's depressing.  My oldest is like mom, you are going to be so buff.  Girl..I do not want to be a beef cake.  I want to be strong, not all weak looking or super huge, like I can beat someone within seconds.   It's kinda freaking me out.  Reason #1 I am doing this sugar detox.  Something has to/will break.  That scale...yep....that scale will be the first thing to break.  Seriously...dang thing.....mental abuse, I swear that is what it is doing.  

Okay, I am babbling now.  Taking two huge bags of clothes to Goodwill this afternoon, my closet is thinning.......  as am I!

Go get your sweat on!!!!   :)  I need to clean this basement, it's just glaring at me, like whatcha gonna do?   Until tomorrow.   Peace, love, and NO SUGAR! -- for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment