Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Well, I have been busy!  


Sunday:  I went tubing down the Muskegon River...got burnt -- still burnt.  My head is the worse and yes, I did use sunscreen; sitting on water from about 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. will do that ya know!  I even flipped over in the tube thinking that it will help.  uh..NO. I had a great time with lots of fun people.  (this color is in honor of my poor skin.)


I am almost done reading Robb Wolf's:  The Paleo Solution.  I was fair warned that this book was straight forward and indeed it is!  (Do I suggest you follow it?  I don't know.  I think you need to do what works for you!)  Am I going to follow it?!  YES, I am going to -- 30 days and go from there.  


Workout for Monday, July 16

Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
20 Steps Walking Lunge
10 Pass Throughs
10 Superman

WOD
“Cindy”
20 Minute AMRAP
5 Pullups
10 Pushups
15 Squats

I am only on a box doing the pull ups now...woot!  How many rounds did I accomplish, you are asking.  9....I could have done the 11 everyone else did, but ew, it was hot!  I am happy with my 9 rounds.  :)  Not as many as some, but I will take it!  :)  It's my first time doing it!

Want some amazing news!?  I was all bummed, literally bummed that I only lost like 2 inches.....but, while tubing I was using my arms, as thought my life depended on it and noticed things are moving around and beefing up a bit...EEEK!  Eh...it is what it is.  I won't ever be a skinny model who is a size 0...but I will be a woman who is strong and can hold her own.  ANYWAYS...good news.  I always have run, about a week behind in my weight.  I got on the scale this morning and thought eh, why not.  

When I started my monthly CrossFit visits I was at 296.7 (As, Brian said that one or two visits won't do me much good -- that is true, it doesn't!)...the scale hasn't moved much, then 2-weeks into this month it dropped to 285.  Literally over night.  NOW.  I have gone down to 281...and it went back up to 285 -- Saturday morning.  The scale is an evil, evil thing!  This morning I got on it...you will jaw drop 277.9.  I got on it, off it, on it, off it and said what the hay!?  Literally...NO WAY....I got on it again and it went down to 275 and I yelled at it and said now you are just playing games.  So snapped a pic at 277.9.  I will stay off it for a couple of weeks.  (pray that I do stay off of it!)  So, that took me a little over a month to accomplish losing 18.8 lbs.   I told Brian it was 30.  HA HA HA HA...wow, Jen.  Yeah, did I tell you math is NOT my cup of tea..  oh yeah, they know 'cause I put weights on my bar and try to count it all up.  WOW....I know.  smh.

Okay, I am waiting for the youngest to wake up so that I can get some shopping done.  Still trying to decide if I am going to go in today and do the partner WOD, considering the temp is supposed to get 100 and a heat index of 110.  yuck.  Today, may be my day off!  Who knows!!!!  I tend to make myself jaw drop a lot lately -- not all in bad ways...just sayin'.

Have a great day and do something healthy for yourself. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment