Friday, July 13, 2012

O_o

Hey.  

The title for today I wanted it to say was: Vomit with Nasty Girls...you see why I didn't go there!?  O_o
 
Sorry, I have been busy getting a couple of kiddo's ready to go away for a couple of weeks, *doing a dance* as well as recovering from these crazy workouts!  All I know is that I have 
learned that my foam roller may hurt me in the beginning but my body loves it later in the day and the next day even.  I am so stinking stubborn, rolling on that thing is so not sexy at all.  I feel like a blob of fat rolling.  Is it illegal for fat to roll like that!?  But I learned Wed and today (Friday) that it works miracles!!!  *schwoon*  I heart you foam roller and racquetball.  Those crazy coaches and Stacie know just what the heck they are talking about!


Okay, I feel pretty good considering that I have done so many stinking squats this week!  I should go back and count them all up!   (over 400) All I know is.....I, Jennifer, did over 400 squats this week!!!!  That is awesome.


Today has been a month of a my monthly pass.  I was supposed to weigh and measure today, but I woke up to two invites to go see Holley Mangold on Sunday.  TWO.  One from Holley and one from Kelly.  I don't know what to do.  Lazy my way down a river, not worry about children or travel to go see Holley.  However, I so would like to meet her.  She is going to London!!!!!  I am still kicking around the weight lifting thing, literally.  I was using my foam roller this morning and my oldest was looking down.  MOM..is that your leg muscle?!  I flexed my quad.  Yes, it is.  Its huge.  smh.  I am not all fat...I think I have more muscle than I want to admit.  Ugh.....I want to sit my fat rear in a tube in the Muskegon River and float, eating my fruit and veggies, turkey breast, slamming water and just not thinking about a care in the world.    I know what my fellow crossfitters would say.  GO......once in a life time opportunity!!  My older two children sat there looking me in the face saying mom...."you don't ever finish anything because you fear success.  You deserve it.  Please do this, go see Holley." *sigh*   It really is true.  I do it with all things in the past from losing weight to jobs.   I want chocolate.  


Still working on my Robb Wolf: The Paleo Solution book.   I am on the sleeping chapter.  I am learning to like it.  I am taking naps, not intentionally, just I think the body is trying to play catch up.  So, I don't fight it.


OKAY...workouts!


Workout for Wednesday, July 11
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
10 Good Mornings
10 Hollow Rocks
10 Superman

Strength
Turkish Get Ups
3 Sets of 3 each side

WOD
5 Rounds
10 Deadlift (185/135)
10 Burpees
Run 200

I had Corey as a coach for the first time.  I will say a few things here.  He is a good coach.....  But I talked to Tom this morning and Corey, I am sorry but Tom is gonna talk to you.  Something along the lines of don't let Jen sweet talk you down on a WOD.   I don't think I talked him down Tom.  I think it was the look in my face and eyes of OMG I might die!!!!    In all honesty, burpees...I loath you!!!!    So be nice Tom.....

I lifted 138 lbs.  3 rounds -- yes, only 3!!!  First round, I did 6 burpees, then the last 2 -- 5 burpees.  I wanted to throw- up and die.  I was almost in tears, never experienced that in my life.  I have NO words!!!  13:20 was my time.

Then the Olympic Lifting class I couldn't finish it, as I kept running outside wanting to throw up.  NO LIE.  I did recover -- obviously, but learned a couple of things.  Hydrate very good in the day and eh, burpees will indeed make me throw up down the road, don't fight the inevitable!  (FYI: I have only thrown up for the following in the past 14 years (Rick, please verify!):  pregnancy, drinking after my bachelorette party, and vertigo.) 


Workout for Friday, July 13
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
10 Romanian Deadlifts
10 Goblet Squats
10 Inchworm Pushups

Skill
Hang Power Cleans

“Nasty Girls”
3 rounds for time
50 Squats
7 Muscle-ups
10 Hang power cleans (135/95)
(Tom wanted to add +14 burpees if your name is Jen -- cause I missed them on the Wednesday WOD)

Seriously, 'Nasty Girls'  I have no words for this workout!  IT was awful and good all at the same time.   My hips felt like they were on fire, my quads were yelling STOP IT YOU MORON!  My brain was like NO...I am NOT going to stop.  Obviously, I can't do muscle ups so it was ring rows and dips.  Hang power cleans I used 73 lbs.   I was hoping to do the 95 but I went to do the 2-25s and it wouldn't get up.  Oh well.
NO, I didn't do the burpees I was laughing at him, when he wrote it on the board.

There you have it!  I will say...I hurt.  My rear sitting here is in pain.  It's okay.  I will complain in my head, which then floats onto my blog.  sorry.  But hey, you are reading it!!!    How do you roll your bum!!!????

Have a great day, go do something awesome for your heart, get it pumping today!

P.S. what do you think I should do Sunday????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment