Monday, June 24, 2013

Holy MOLY...JEn is aLiVe!

Okay, the move is done and we are settled!  The hubbers has a job and I went to Crossfit Fort Atkinson last Friday!  (June 21, 2013)

I know some of you follow me and I apologize from the depths of my little pinky toe.  It's been a rough few months.  (I am sorry, let me really tell you its been an utter hell.)  Teenagers are the absolute little vampire - life suckers, little grey hair producers.  (okay, I know that isn't the real cause, but its my blog post, let me roll with it.)   Hell....   I at least lost a few pounds!  It's all stress related and eating as clean as possible.  Anyways, it's not like I was some angel, when I was a teen.   O.o

So, you know how much I LOVE Snatches, right?  No..I do not like them...that was what Friday consisted of.  Lovely.  I hurt all weekend long, my friend's birthday was on Saturday and I literally had to drag my body out of the van, it was sad. Very, very sad. 

 
Friday, June 21st
Hi Hang Snatch 6-6
Hang Snatch 6-6
Power Snatch 6-6

WOD: Tabata (6 Rounds at each station)

1) Row (calories)
2) Box Jumps (30/24)
3) KB Thrusters (55/35)
4) Rope Climbs

Yeah, then toss on a Tabata on top of my snatch -- at least it wasn't a back squat Tabata...that is just brutal.  Cruel, yet awesome all at the same time.  No wonder why my quads can take a beating!

YES, you noticed the red, in color -- right?  That is their color at the "Fort".  Trying to figure out all the short version for the names of the towns around here.  They are training to put a team together for next year and they have some real beasts there.  It still awes me what the body can do. 

Do I like the new box?  I don't mind it.  I don't know, its so hard to say when you go to a 5 a.m. class and there is one guy there with you.  I felt the pressure to make Robert, Colin, and Kelly (weightlifting coaches) proud.  I think I did okay...because Shane still told me to slow down in my normal spots!  ha ha...I swear.  He told the other guy 10 burpees in the warm up and me 5.  Is it bad I was laughing in my head at this poor guy, that has no idea I can talk my way out of a hell of a workout.  I think Brian needs to give him a call.  I told him that I do it...so we shall see.  How do you tell a new coach that your WOD's the coaches never let you scale down, because you beat your way through them.   Sigh.    I really do miss 616. 

I did get a couple of pvc pipes, so I should probably practice it sure as heck won't hurt me! 

I need to rearrange the garage, so that I can do such a thing.  Ever get something in your head and its there, it just won't go away?  I have it....I so desire to be a coach.  I may not be fit, but I inspire others.  I have done it all and this is my true passion.  Its the one thing I have stuck to and went back to.  Why do people have to knock down your dream?  Seems like they don't want you to be better than them.  I have read so much on people like me who after 4-months of going to crossfit are told to get their level -1.....*shrug*  Maybe I wasn't ready.

I  went to Snap fitness yesterday.  I really did NOT like it.  The cardio aspect only I get.  I will say this!  My weights have increased -- a lot!  I just wanted to see what I wanted and could do.  Yes, I have been off for what 5-6 months?  My weights doubled, if not tripled on a few things, like the lat pull down... I did 120 lbs, I did that a few times.  My one max rep overhead press is 125 lbs!  I used to do 60 lbs.  Pec fly machine....  110 lbs it was 45 lbs last time at a gym.  I was a beast...rawr.

the more I think about it Snap fitness is great for a cardio burn and a nice tan if the sun isn't out, like today.   Just my opinion. 

I know weight loss is all diet, everything you shove in your mouth -- not as much to be on a diet, but what you want to eat.  I get it.  It's clicking.  :)  It has not a dang gone thing what you do at the gym or don't do.  I still think its funny and I literally start laughing when someone tells me how to lose weight, when I watch what they shove in their face/or facebook posts and it just cracks me up.  really.  Hush, your little pie hole friend and walk the walk. 

Well, I need to go play Frisbee with the kiddos and work on the garage so I can practice the snatch and overhead squat, with a clean and jerk in there. 

anyone want to make me a box to practice jumping up on?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment