Friday, June 29, 2012

Water + Heat + WOD = Sweat --- GO, get your sweat on!

So, I am going to go off of what Coach Brian posted on the 616 blog; I personally used to make up every kind of excuse in the book and then I made it to the procrastinator's club and up to the Presidential level, especially when it came to working out.  It's too hot, my clothes are dirty, I forgot to wash my clothes, I am tired, my kids need me, my kids are being awful, the kids, it snowed, the sun is up, I am not wanting to, etc.  We all did it at one point in time.  Don't deny it. If you are not that excuse making person I seriously applaud you.  That is my goal, to not ever make an excuse to get healthy or even stay healthy.  I am also a believer in changing routines to confuse the body.  Meaning, if I go Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, take Thursday off, Friday, I take Saturday off and go to the Y on Sunday -- ahhh A/C workout!  Make sure you take time to recover and rest.  Your body is met to rest. -- that is NOT an excuse!

I have done the excuses' game for 15 years.  Do I still?  Honestly, yes, not as bad.  Should I?  NO, NOT AT ALL.  Does it stop me from going?  No, cause I have a month obligation.  Which makes you wonder who I am obligating myself to?  Am I dedicating myself to getting healthy?  Am I also dedicating my meals to match my workouts?  I am working on it.  Daily.  I want to be healthy.  I seriously hope it all catches up soon!  I can see changes, I do. Like my arms, I can see my right under arm isn't as droopy as the left.  Why is that!?  I mean seriously....I work you two out at the same, catch up lefty!!!  I just don't need to put it all onto the worldwide web.

This is the bottom line, if you work out or have to work out on a hot day, you best be sippin on some water right now.  Before and after.  Then go.  Yeah, you will have sweat in your eyes and your headband will be drenched in sweat, but you will feel better. :)  Believe me, yesterday...I was such a bear, my daughter sent me texts.  Yep, it was THAT kind of day. Then I researched and found out that I may be dehydrated.....  I will let ya know on that yet.  But the WOD today, pretty much slapped me back to reality -- am I becoming an addict!?  O_o   I mean...was yesterday a withdrawal!?  oh my.....


Workout for Friday, June 29
Warmup
Run 400
3 Rounds
10 Pass Throughs
10 Situps
10 Leg Swings all directions
10 Squats

Strength
Ring Rows
3 Sets Max Reps
Rest 2 minutes between sets

WOD
10 rounds, each for time of:
15 Hand Release Push-ups
Sprint 60 yards
Rest 60 seconds

Yeah, if you looked at that WOD you thought...sweet mother!!!  That is 150 push ups!!!  I didn't figure that out until Tom said yeah... it's 150 push ups today.  Gulp....ugh.  I was more focused on the nasty sprinting, that we all know is my weakness, verses the push ups.  But I ran it...the best I possibly can!  

I loved the people I worked out with today, too.  :)  I heart all of my fellow 616'ers.  It really is a community!!!   Cory, welcome back...I missed ya! 

Hand release push ups.......smh....insane and brutal.  I did the WOD in 19:33.  Yes, the push ups were on my knees and that is probably why my knees hurt, but I did them.  I ran too...at least I think I did.  I just want to say something.  It is really hard to run when your arms feel like they are 3 times the size that they are and are in so much pain that you want to rip them off just to move faster.  BTW: High - 5's should not exist after this workout, but definitely shoulder bumps.  Tom didn't get my poor joke this morning -- sorry.  You will when you do this workout though.  

Well, get your day on and do something good for your physical aspect of life.  Remember...excuses are mental, allll mental.  You got this...go do this WOD!!!  It takes no equipment but the stuff on your body!  3...2...1..GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment