Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday IS not a coordination day!

Hey! 

Blogging is different.  For sure because I give you my two cents and you read it without a comment.  Like leaving a message on your voicemail.  *Beep*

Did you have a good weekend?  I did.  :)

Saturday was relaxing, Sunday we went to the beach ---which leads me to an improvement update!

I can now...go to Holland State Park, walk from the parking lot, a ways out in the parking lot, I might add, down to the beach, without using the boardwalk.  So half asphalt half sand.  Brutal on the calves but I felt so accomplished, we got to the water and I wasn't all huffin and puffin, like I was gonna cause a tsunami over in Wisconsin.  (go ahead, giggle)  Makes me feel good.

Worked out this mornin -- of course.  I swear I need to check my looks upon getting my workout.  I mean really, I should.  I don't try to look all mad about it.  LOL...it just it's early and running...eh..okay, its a dirty look.  O_o  Just being real.

Workout for Monday, June 11
Warmup
Run 400 m
3 Rounds
10 Pass Throughs
10 Pushups
10 Situps


Skill
Double Unders
5 Rounds
1 min on 30 sec. off


5 Rounds for time
250 m Sprint
8 Handstand Pushup
10 Toes to Bar


Jen is not a runner...yet.  I tell you what.  I swear I will probably be up to a mile soon.  -- Has to be Brian's goal....I just am going along for the ride.  I ran 250 m not 400 m for the warm-up.  WITHOUT having anyone come up behind me.  So I am sure next week, I will be running in last doing the 400 m warm up!  (the downside of having your coach reading your blog -- or is it?)

5 rounds for time.....smh.  I don't know I ended with 15:05 something.  Not sure on that one.  Then I only ran the back of the building.  I told you, I am NOT a runner.  (STOP SAYING it..cause I do want to be one, I really do.)

handstand push ups I put my knees on a box and head to the floor.  Toes to bars...same as before, laying on my back, hands above my head grasping the bar, feet up to bar.  Pure torment. 

Double unders -- I couldn't even grasp doing two things at once today.  *shaking my head*  

It's all good...tomorrow is a new day!  I won't let it get me down!  I did it.  I tried.  That is what counts.

So do something awesome for your heart today ....to make it healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment