Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day....Murph.....smh

Okay....I did it.  I went and did the workout 'Murph'.  Sweet mother.  I wanted to die on that floor.  I thought I was going to throw- up TWICE!!!!  But the good news.  I finished and didn't throw up!  SUCCESS!

So you are sitting there going, what is Murph, Jen!?  :)  Well, I am kinda jibbery today so I will tell ya! (jibbery isn't a word is it?)

"Navy Lieutenant Michael P. Murphy, a Navy SEAL and Medal of Honor recipient, died on June 28, 2005 at the age of 29 while serving in Afghanistan.  He diligently trained his body using a favorite workout which has been dubbed the "Murph".  To honor the memories of Lt. Michael Murphy and all who have sacrificed their lives in military service, the non-profit organization, Memorial Day Murph, was created. The Memorial Day Murph attracts people across America and has become a new Memorial Day tradition for fitness enthusiasts.  Participants complete the same workout that Lt. Michael Murphy loved so much as a tribute to him and to all fallen servicemen."  (murph info link


So, you are curious now aren't ya!?  My head is still wow....  Here it is...try it some time this week.  Salute those that serve us!!!! 
 
Workout for Monday, May 28 – Memorial Day
Warm up
100 jump rope
3 rounds
10 squats
10 jumping pull ups
3 wall walks

Murph
Run 1 mile
100 Pullups
200 Pushups
300 Squats
Run 1 mile


Psht...NO..I didn't do that...I had it modified, but let me tell  you....I will, WILL do the whole thing next time!  My grandfather, uncle, cousin, I am sure others served.  I salute you all.  If you are military personnel.....my hat goes off to you.  Thank-you!  I did it thinking about all who are patrolling in 100+ degree weather for our freedoms....and other human rights. 


Jen's Murph
1 mile row -- 1600 m
50 jumping pull ups
100 push ups
150 squats
1 mile row -- 1600+ m


OKAY...NOW....push-ups and the row machine...doing those two things, make me want to spew....everywhere.  I finished it....52:33  I was hoping for 45 minutes, but I had to chill.  It was 85 and man alive....it was HOT!    There is nothing like a coach yelling in the background, you can do it!  While you are sitting on your knees saying, please don't upchuck....not now..not now....  gulp-...please don't.  Yeah, it was like that.  Just being real.  


I didn't go...as you can see why.  I am recovering.  Nicely I might add.  No pain, just good squat, arm, shoulder pains!


Do something good today! and NO I didn't proof it.....smh.  This week is busy and I need to get into Crossfit at least 3 more times!  SMH....goals!  :)  Need to post more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment