Thursday, May 24, 2012

WOD, Snatch, stuff.... ooo my!

Well, look at that peeps, Jen is on day 2!  Shake your grove thang No idea why, but that song popped up. What's your favorite work-out music?  Brian played Call Me Maybe today and I was fine with it.  I listen to almost anything.  ALMOST.  (BTW:  the link is for the Harvard Baseball team, they were on the Today show)  I just wonder whose idea it was...how long was that van ride!?  HA

So, what did you do yesterday?  Did you workout?  Walk, run, skip, swim?  You all can post, I just moderate to be sure no one is mean.  Mean people do suck.  Just an FYI.  I will take the block off.  I want to know people's thoughts.  ya know?  It helps, it may help others as well.  Helping others is important. 

Anyways, knee feels pretty good!!!  Thank you, Father for the heal!!!  I stretched yesterday and today after the workout.   I am thinking that is where I went wrong, cause stretching is almost painful.  Not a bad pain.  Just a oooo wow, my body seriously hurts, are you mad at me kind of pain.

So the WOD....


Workout for Thursday, May 24
Warmup
Run 400 m
30 Squats
30 Pass Throughs
30 Overhead Squats
Burgener Warm up

Strength/Skill
Snatch Practice – Work up to a heavy 3 Rep

WOD
5 2 min. Rounds
Do three squat snatches (95/65) then max reps muscle ups
1 min. rest between rounds

I think I was doing maybe 20 lbs.  I don't know..it wasn't that heavy at all.  Then ring pull-ups and dips (NOT my favorite)  

We were working on technique.  Which is important for the snatch. This was my first time doing them.  As odd as it sounds.  I could get used to doing them.  I like them.  SUCCESS.  I just need to end with a deeper squat. I just fear hurting my knee, bad. I know.  But seriously, walk around with a bum knee that sends sharp pain everywhere with every step.  Intense.  

So, what are your plans?   I am going to go make a late lunch of a salad and some lean beef.  HUNGRY girl!  I workout and I feel like I wanna eat a cow; grilled, of course.  

Have a great day. Do something good for yourself!!!!  report back.  I want to know.  I do.  I care...I promise, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment