Monday, May 14, 2012

Sick kid, sick husband, Jen -- backburner

Please accept my apologies!  A lot of life was dumped on my plate this past week, I will bullet them for your enjoyment, lets face it, you came back and really want to know.  LOL

I did CrossFit, only 3 times last week. Why, you ask?  It's simple really.  See below.

  • Sick toddler for 3-days, with a fever, off and on -- thank-you new tooth!
  •  Lack of sleep, gives me not a good record of how I improve.-- I so can't lift weights when I am tired.  Weak, I know.
  • Was ready to get my work out done on Sunday...ended up in the E.R. with the hubby....thanks kidney stone for taking away my sweat time.
I did go Friday, it was nice;  I got to work out with another guy at the gym.  This may sound wrong, but I like to work out with guys, they make me work harder.  Maybe it's because I used to work out with guys before.  Probably why I prefer the male coaches/personal trainer verses the female.  But I am looking forward to working with Kelly at 616 I heard she is tough.  Tough is good;  tough means they take their job seriously, not afraid of breaking feelings or running people off.   I have had one and he flat out asked me so he knew from the get-go of what my goals were and he knew I was ready to do them.  I showed up, did my homework, and I lost the weight -- that was my shake time.    He kept trying new things because he would tell me to do the 70 minute session and I wouldn't even complain.  That is how I roll.  Tell me what to do, intensity and bam...its done!  




Workout for Friday, May 11
Warmup
Run 400 m
30 Squats
20 Pushups
20 Situps
30 Overhead Squats

Strength
Back Squat
5-5-5-5-5  95-105-115-125-125

WOD
For time: 12:16
20 KB High Pulls
20 Double Unders
30 KB Jerks (15 each arm, break up any way you want)
20 Double Unders
40 KB Walking Lunge (KB should be in front rack position – either arm/alternate as frequently as you like)
20 Double Unders
50 KB Front Squats
20 Double Unders 


I ended up doing donkey kicks.....I really think that I need me a new pair of  'kicks', but I shall call them shoes.  Not sure on the kind yet, but I like my Reebok Realflex.  I hate wearing shoes, literally, hate it, I am in socks right now.  I find shoes bothersome.  I mean for crying out loud, I won't wear heels!   Well, down the road maybe, but I like my 'kicks'.  That was in honor of Tom.  Who through me for a curve with that term.

Anyways.  I didn't go in today, but plan on going in every day this week.  I may have to dig out some other shoes in order to accomplish this, but so be it!

I am thinking about going outside and doing some jump rope.  I still need to get the single under control...which the goal is 50 without flaw, then 75, 100, then I will work on double unders.  what do ya think?  All you peeps out there, reading and not responding. LOL

Have a great day and do something good for yourself and your heart today. See ya manana!



No comments:

Post a Comment